How to best explore "How to meditate properly?"
The most powerful thing I found to explore a subject is to ask many, and I mean many, questions. I can ask myself sometimes 100 questions to find the answer to an important matter. I do not answer all of the questions...the answers to all the questions are not of importance. When we ask the many questions at a certain point we land on the "right question". When someone says: "That is a good question?", have we ever thought about why that is? Well the question holds potential. It actually holds the answer to the question and we know it. Here as some questions that can help explore this subject:
- Do I need to prepare myself for meditation to get the best results?
- What is the best way to prepare for meditation?
- Do I need to close my eyes or can I keep them open to have results?
- How long should I meditate for?
- Is meditating in the morning more powerful then in the evening?
- Do I need to sit in a lotus position to get the maximum benefit?
- Should I play music or is it better to sit in silence?
- Can I have no thoughts when I meditate, do I need to be still?
- If my mind rambles on during the meditation does that mean I am failing?
- Should I ignore the feelings that come up in my meditation?
- Is there a " best way" or a "best practice" to be practicing?
- Is it better to meditate alone or with a group?
- If I feel energy in my body should I stop it or should I let it carry on?
- When I feel it was a "bad" meditation, does that mean I failed?
- Is there such a thing as a "good" meditation or a "bad" meditation?
- If my meditation is successful, would I know it?
- Once I feel connected and feel "All of the Love", does that mean I am finished?
- If I think nothing is happening in meditation, does that mean nothing is happening?
- Can I have results in meditation if I only have 5 minutes?
- Can I move around in meditation or do I need to sit still the whole session?
- When do I know I am done meditating?
- Will I ever find the perfect way to meditate and be able to answer the question: how to meditate properly?
You can't do it right
You can't do it wrong
You can only let go!
Being humble is the key!
A most important key to our success is to be humble.
Knowing that there is always more to learn.
Knowing that there is no end and there is always further to go.
Knowing that we always need help because really...we do not know anything.
Knowing that how ever we succeeded in the past might not be the way today.
Knowing that what is working for me might not be working for you.
The great mystery of God is really worth striving for. Being humble and open is the key!
back to top of "How to meditate properly"