How meditation mantra's are helping me
Best is you try the meditation mantras yourself. As you experiment with them, you will learn and experience the help and assistance they can offer.
Some of the powerful ways mantra's have helped me in my meditations are:
- It helps me quiet the mind of the usual thoughts and noises
- It helps me to enter into deeper, more quieter parts of consciousness
- Mantra's open up my heart, especially when I sing the mantra's in meditation out loud.
- Mantra's help me to battle negativity in my mind and I get a soothing feeling in my heart and soul
- Meditation mantra's helps me to be only focused on God, the Source of Everything...and everything else disappears.
- Sometime I call on a mantra to invoke the light, the power and love of God. Especially chanting the names of God, and specifically an Incarnation, gets me connected straight to the power and guidance of that Incarnation. It is a fast way to be moved in meditation.
How to tap into the power of a mantra?
There are many different meditation mantras. It is said that the mantra "AUM" is the most powerful of all sounds as it is the vibration of the fundamental sound of all of existence. Are some mantra's more powerful then others then?
My personal experience is summed up in the following saying from Swami Sivananda:
ALL mantras have equal potency or Power.
It is quite incorrect if you
say one mantra is superior to another.
You can attain God-realization by
doing Japa of any mantra.
Any mantra uttered mindlessly or just repeating the words creates dullness your mind.
When you say a mantra you want to "throw your self into it" so to speak, you give yourself completely to the mantra. With your awareness you can notice if a certain part of your body starts to vibrate. Each mantra can activate a different kind of energy in a different part of the body. And the most important thing is to TRUST
- if your saying the mantra wants to transition into singing
- if singing it softly wants to change into singing it out loud
- if you feel you need to change the position of your body...maybe you feel like walking or even dancing
- if you want to stop saying the mantra and continue moving with the feeling or vibration that is starting to move you
And especially trust your feelings. Mantra's are vibrations. Vibrations is energy and they have the power to open us up; our mind, our body and our heart. Often the opening up comes along with feelings. If this happens to you, trust your feelings, go into them, feel them to all the way as much as you can with a prayer to go through them and let go of them. See if you can go underneath them. Moving with your feelings results into feeling a deeper desire and longing for the truth and love...now your mantra will become even more real and powerful if continued.
I have been writing this article while listening to mantra's. My heart is opening and opening...it is so rich and beautiful where I am landing inside. I was listening to the following:
The Vairagya Mantras
Some well-known meditation mantra's