How to do the sleep meditation
Once you are ready, sit up in bed, close your eyes.
Take a deep breath.
Bring you attention to your heart.
What in the deepest part of your heart is important for you?
What is your deepest hearts desire?
Is it a:
- feeling of gratitude for the day or for someone
- prayer for someone you care about a lot in your life right now
- desire for the truth and clarity
- need to have a question answered
- longing for freedom or to be free from something
- desire to be with God, to feel Him more
- feel the protection that is there for you
- desire to feel more Love
Whatever it is for you, whatever comes to you...
Become absorbed in it.
Be taken by it.
now with an openness and recognition that there is a benevolent Source
that connects us all let this feeling and focus in your heart be as
strong as you can let it be.
yourself down on your pillow and let this focus and feeling in your
heart be the last thing you were aware of before falling asleep.
You went to sleep in a conscious state of prayer. Well done!
It might be helpful to do a guided meditation for a couple of times till you feel confident you can do it on your own. The following guided sleep meditation is for you.